for piano and percussion
dedicated to duo Cuenco de plata – Juanita Fernández y Malena Levín
Gestalt shows diverse forms of communication between two performers and how each way of relating generates different music structures (Gestalt). In between music, sound, and space design, Gestalt is music in the form of a treatise to be perceived in-between categories.
The piece is based on 10 sections in the form of scenes. Each scene speaks about different ways of relationships between performers, their link with objects, musical instruments and the design of the stage, which is changing over time.
- Proximity: Close objects conform a group
- Continuation: Moving objects conform a line
- Focal point – Point of interest captures attention
- Good continuation. Grouping parts into a unique whole
- Common region- Events are related when in the same area
- Figure and ground
- Similarity – Similar features link events
- Symmetry – Looking for balance in composition
- Common fate
- Past experiences
Send download link to: